Monday, September 7, 2009

The Results Are In

The first two weeks are over. I have given two tests - one on rules and procedures and one an actual math test. The scores are entered and it's finally time to evaluate how the first week of math instruction went.

So far all of my students are passing my classes except three. The three that aren't passing have not done a single homework assignment and consistently don't participate in class activities. Overall, I think that's pretty good.

All of my students but two passed their first math test. The two that didn't pass gave up halfway through the exam and didn't complete it. If they would have finished, they would have passed - they were really doing quite well.

The first test is always nerve wracking for me. I want to see if I've reached the kids and it's the first real indicator of how well my instruction in the subject has actually worked. At this point, I'm feeling ok.

But tomorrow starts a new week. We'll see how this one goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Add to Technorati Favorites