Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Almost Midterm

The end of this week is officially midterm. I think things have gone pretty well. All students who have put forth a decent amount of effort are passing. Those who aren't passing are the students who don't do a single bit of homework or work in class either.

Overall, I think things are going pretty well at our little alternative school. Most of the kids are starting to get used to the routine. We as teachers are starting to feel the rhythm too, but we're also starting to feel the work load - or at least I am.

I've tried to be more organized and on top of things. Most nights I do ok, but some nights, I get carried away with all the things I could/should be preparing for that I end up spending my entire night working until I go to bed. I have to reign myself back in and stop myself. Sometimes I have to just do what needs to be done for the next day and then take a break for the rest of the night. Take it one day at a time.

I did have my first evaluation. The class went well except for the one student who simply refused to do anything. I'm pretty sure my evaluator took that with a grain of salt though. I'll find out on Monday when we have our post-observation conference.

I'm getting better at planning for the block scheduling. That's a plus too. It's rather intimidating planning for 75-80 minutes of instruction, but I'm getting better at managing the time.

All in all, a decent week. And this Friday we are having a shortened schedule to take our kids over to the main campus for the Homecoming Assembly. Always fun to have shortened schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Add to Technorati Favorites