Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Bright Moment

Today in the middle of the almost unbearable heat of 3rd block, I had a wonderful teaching moment.

We were playing Review Jeopardy today because my classes have a test tomorrow. All of a sudden, RJ (alias used for a student) turns to me and says:

"Why is it that you make this class so fun and interesting when no other teachers have done that before? Not even at the regular high school. They never make math fun."

My heart just breaks. The best part of my day. I tried not to get too emotional. I just said, "Well, maybe it's because I really love high school students. They are my favorite students to teach. I love math and I love my students, and maybe that makes all the difference."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Add to Technorati Favorites